Comments on watching and making films.

Monday, March 14, 2011

DVD - Pandorum

Two crew members wake up to a mystery in the sci-fi/action thriller Pandorum. Payton and Bower (played by Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster, respectively), are part of a back up crew being kept in stasis until their "shift" comes up. When they are awoken prematurely, though, they find that the previous crew is dead, and the ship has been taken over by an alien life form.

Pandorum is a great Saturday morning film, when you have nothing else to do. It's a little hokey at times, especially the ending, but has some cool science fiction elements to it. Over all, though, it's hard sometimes, when you hear studio heads complain about how they HAVE to deliver with these tent pole films, and then you see something like Pandorum, and you wonder how they honestly thought this would sell itself to anybody past its opening weekend. Had I seen this in the theater, and anyone asked me about it, I would have said wait for DVD. I'm glad I did. Like I said, watch it on a lazy weekend morning, or sometime when you have nothing else to do.

No comments: