Comments on watching and making films.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Awesome, I Fuckin' Shot That!

In a poignant remembrance of Adam Yauch, who's Oscilloscope Laboratories has provided a portion of their content over the last decade, The Belcourt Theater in Nashville played The Beastie Boys concert film Awesome, I Fuckin' Shot That. Awesome... is a barrage of imagery and sound, editing footage together from some 50 Hi-8 cameras that were given out to various audience members. The film is an intense experience, as I would imagine one of their live shows would have been. As a casual Beastie's listener, the novelty could wear thin sometimes, since I wasn't familiar with all of the songs, but overall, seeing it on a big screen (and very loud) really did draw me in as an audience member.

No comments: