Comments on watching and making films.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Dear Robert Zemeckis...

I hear your planning on making ANOTHER performance capture movie, this time about the Beatles.

STOP!

Stop making these STUPID, INANE performance capture movies! I'm sick of seeing you show off how much technology you have access to, all the while leaving people like me, who have defended you for most of my movie going life, out in the cold having to watch these sh&^ty films!

Your best films didn't use any of this technology - Back to the Future, Cast Away, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Forest Gump (Well, maybe Forest Gump did, I can't remember). The point I'm trying to make is, how about going back to making films that have GOOD STORIES, and use REAL ACTORS in REAL LOCATIONS.

PLEASE.

I want to love you again, but between Beowulf, A Christmas Carol, and The Polar Express, and now this new Beatles film, you're making it really hard for me.

No comments: