Comments on watching and making films.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I was wrong, you were right (or, how Jim Jannard changed the game AGAIN)

Red has already posted info and pics for their Scarlet/Epic announcement in the Red forums, and I must say... Jannard didn't lie. It's everything we could have hoped for and MORE. I can now (well, not now, when they come out) get a Scarlett that shoots 5K, with a Canon or Nikon mount (or even a PL Mount, if I wanted to rent the lenses for a film I'm shooting), and seemingly endless options for add ons... That's not to even mention Epic (which is completely out of my price range).

This is it, folks. The only question now is, what do I do between now and when this stuff is released? Me thinks Canon 5D Mk II, with lenses, and then I can just use the lenses when Scarlet is released, and either sell the 5D or keep it as a more normal looking still camera.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be a sissy - get the 25K. I'm still a little confused as to how ergonomically useful this thing is going to be. And how much all the add-ons will cost to get it to that point.

Stewart said...

The add-ons concern me as well. I hope they keep them reasonable. This is supposed to be an "entry level" kind of camera.